At CHA twelve talented designers took part in Westcott Brand's Tshirt Remix challenge. Video is posted on my Home page. I created a dress from my Tshirt, we had twenty minutes! How did I do it with fingers mentally crossed and Westcott Brand's Extreme Edge Scissors! Add a fun lining or wear it as a beach coverup.
Here is the scoop and the Tut!
You will need:
1 XL Tshirt
Extreme Edge Westcott Brand® Titanium Steel Scissors
Fabri-Tac Glue by Beacon
- Fold Tshirt in half lining up seams with sleeves flat. Fold in half three more times smoothing as you go.
- Begin below sleeve. Cut from one folded edge through to ½" from opposite folded edge.
- Turn Tshirt and cut from opposite fold. Repeat. Cut evenly spaced slits. The narrower the slits the longer the dress will be. I suggest about 2" width. (This has to be cut carefully so as to not cut completely through either side. The Extreme Edge scissors will cut through several layers easily.)
- Continue to the bottom of Tshirt. I left about a 3" wide border on the bottom. Carefully open up the Tshirt and put it on. Gently stretch it out with your legs, the border at the bottom will create a wavy effect. (An added and unexpected surprise!)
- For the dress top I cut off one sleeve, glued it to bottom of opposite sleeve. Fan folded sleeve and cut small slits through one side only. The neckline was cut off by 2" and scrap piece used to tie opposite shoulder tight. Embellish as desired. Enjoy!