Talented designer friend Eileen Hull is hosting a spring linky party with a great giveaway! My project from my archives features the Sizzix Scoreboard TM Teacup Die by Eileen Hull. Several designers are using more of Eileen's dies to create fabulous fun projects! Hop around and enjoy, be inspired!
My design incorporates my love of fabric and needle felting, my inspiration the Alice in Wonderland movie.
Materials: Teacup die, 12" x 18" piece of print fabric, HeatnBond Iron-on Adhesive, 1 1/2", 2" balls STYROFOAM TM, Natural Wool Wisps by National Nonwovens, 1/2 yd each of 1/2" blue check ribbon, 1/4" blue dot ribbon, 8" of 1/8" pink polka dot ribbon, 1 yd blue rickrack, 3 button flowers, 1 pansy flower from Prima, 2 blue buttons, yellow & pink paper scraps, pink wire, 2 black quilt pins, brown pompom, blush, needle felt tool, foam pad, sharp scissors, iron & board, mini iron, pencil, toothpick, Beacon's Fabri-Tac and Zip Dry glues.
1. Fuse HeatnBond to fabric piece following manufacturer's instructions. Place teacup die pieces on wrong side of fused fabric leaving 1/2"-2" space around each piece. Fuse pieces. Cut carefully around each piece leaving a 1/4" border, clip around curves. (For handle omit border) Use mini iron to fuse 1/4" border over edges. Flip saucer and two cup pieces, fuse fabric to back of pieces. Cut along edge of cup pieces.
2. Score and assemble cup together. Glue. Glue rickrack around edge of the saucer.
3. Use fingers to indent eye sockets for mouse on 1 1/2" ball. Cover ball with wool and needle felt. Cover second ball with wool, needle felt. Insert second ball into cup and glue.
4. Needle felt a 4" square of wool on foam pad. Cut out two 1" ovals for ears, two 1/2" by 1 1/2" for paws rounding ends. Blush ear centers, cheeks. Insert eyes and glue on nose. Needle felt under nose for mouth center, blush. Needle felt ears to top of head.
5. Wrap and glue rickrack around cup. Glue flower to center front adding blue button. Tie ribbons together and glue to handle.
6. Insert toothpick into mouse head and insert into ball in cup pushing together. Glue paws over edge of cup. Glue pansy to ear. Glue flowers behind mouse.
7. Cover die tag with pink paper. Cut smaller tag 1/2" by 1" from yellow. Glue to pink tag. Glue blue button in place on tag. Tie to pink tail wire. (Tail was a dollar store find, a photo holder, I cut off wires) Insert tail into mouse foam body in tea cup.
Enjoy the Spring Linky party and be inspired to create some fresh spring accents!