Spring has finally arrived and what fun to plan a spring wedding. Tulips are my favourite spring flower, the bright yellow of the tulips match perfectly the yellow felt. Felt, being such a versatile product it can be dressed up or down for any decor or special event.
This week I have paired up the felt with some fun trims from Decorative Trimmings. The giant rickrack gives a scalloped edge finish to the felt. Decorative Trimmings provided trims to a group of creative professional designers, the Designer Crafts Connection with a wedding theme challenge. They have a wide selection of quality trims and embellishments, it was hard to choose!
For a wedding with many tables to decorate this is an easy and fast way to dress them up. Finished off with tulips in a mason jar and chalkboard number.
You will need:
2-9” x 12” Craft cuts Kunin Prestofelt Yellow
1-9” x 12” Craft cut Kunin Printzfelt Saralma
1-12”x 18” Craft cut Kunin Premium Eco-fi Plus Felt White
6 yds Jumbo Yellow Ric Rac by Decorative Trimmings
Aleene’s Quick Dry Fabric Fusion
Westcott Brand 8”Scissors, ruler, pencil
- Measure and cut each of the 9” x 12” craft cuts into a 9” square.
- Glue ric rac around each side folding over at each corner. Snip off overlap at final corner. Repeat for all three pieces.
- Glue ric rac along both sides and across ends of white felt.
- Center Saralma square on white felt table runner on the diagonal. Glue down.
- Peel off backing from Presto felt pieces and place on either side of Saralma square.
As simple as that! Now add some embellishments. I glued ric rac around the top of the mason jar too.
Get inspired with all of the great designs from the DCC group. Just hop along with the button in the sidebar.
Thank you for stopping by, it is very much appreciated!
Till next time!