Banners immediately brighten up a space. Even though there is still snow on the ground, inside it is Spring! This is the first Monday of the month and we are hopping with the Designers Craft Connection. Button is in the sidebar. This month's theme is flowers. One of my favourite flowers to make is the looped flower.
18” x 36” single piece pack Kunin Printzfelt™, Saralma
9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™, 1 Candy Pink, 1 Neon Green, 1 Orange, 1 White, 1 Yellow
Buttons, 3-1”, 4-1/2”
2 yards of 3/8” ribbon, orange
Aleene's Quick Dry Fabric Fusion
scissors, ruler, pencil
- Cut a 12” by 36” piece of the Saralma. Place wrong side up. Mark 9” widths across top edge. Across bottom edge measure in and mark 4 ½”. Continue measuring 9” across bottom.
- Use ruler as guide to draw a diagonal line from the top outer corner to the 4 ½” mark. Draw a second diagonal line from the first 9” mark to the 4 ½” mark making a triangle pennant piece. Repeat step 2 across the remainder of the felt piece. This will give you double pennant pieces. Cut along lines making eight pennants. Set extra pennant pieces aside for another project.
- Cut a 6” square from each of the Classic felt pieces. Measure 3” center point along one edge. Draw diagonal lines to the 3” center point to create a triangle. Repeat for each color. Cut along lines.
- Cut three large and four small floral medallions from remaining piece of Saralma felt.
- Glue a solid felt triangle to the top of each Saralma felt triangle. Glue a large medallion in the center of three of the pennants. Glue two smaller medallions on the two remaining pennants. Glue a button to the center of each medallion.
- For each flower cut a 2” by 12” piece of felt. Fold felt strip in half; begin cutting evenly spaced slits from the folded center to the edges leaving ¼” uncut. Keep strips folded and begin rolling, glue as you go. Glue to the end of the two triangles.
- Lay out pennant pieces right sides down. Glue ribbon along top edges leaving 12” at either end.
Change up the felt colors to personalize the banner for any indoor room, outdoor event or personality! Check out the rest of the flower power designs with the DCC button in the sidebar!
Tomorrow on the Kunin blog we are celebrating Earthfriendly crafts, the HOME on the mantle, easy peasy!