Well Miss Bernice B did not win but she placed well and is moving onward and upward! Thank you to everyone who voted for her, very much appreciated! She is moving on as Easter is right around the corner and every Easter basket not only needs a bunny or chick but a duck of course! Back by popular demand!
Meet Miss Bernice B! Wearing her best bow and a flower in her hair she is has returned from the Favecrafts Best Blogger 2015 Contest. Miss Bernie comes from a proud lineage, on her father's side, a good solid foundation Floracraft and on her mother's side, her pretty and soft good looks, Bernat. They met at a big event hosted by Prime Publishing and it was love at first sight. They became inseparable thanks to Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue.
Want a little Miss B of your own? Here's how!
You will need:
Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn Gold (1 Skein will make several ducks)
Styrofoam Brand Foam: 4", 6" balls
9" x 12" Kunin Prestofelt Craftcut Copper Canyon
2-12mm Black Beads
1-12" x 1/4" Dowel
1/2 yard craft ribbon
Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue
1. Begin at center end of ball, glue and wrap yarn.
Continue until ball is completely covered. Repeat for second ball.
2. Cut dowel into 3 equal pieces. Insert one piece of dowel between the two
balls using the Turbo Tacky glue.
3. Print out pattern. Draw pattern onto paper backing of Prestofelt.
Cut out each piece.
4. For legs wrap dowels with yarn leaving a 1/2" at one end. Glue at both ends.
5. Peel off backing of felt wing. Place the yarn back and forth across the adhesive
back of the felt. Trim yarn. Repeat for second wing.
6. Peel backing off of both beak pieces. Place a small amount of yarn in center
of one beak piece for stuffing. Place adhesive sides together around edges.
Press to face, adhesive on felt with adhere to face. Insert beads on either side of
of beak pressing into face. Glue on place.
7. Trim top of wings off and glue to either side of body as shown.
8. Peel backing off feet pieces and press together. Glue to ends
of dowel. Insert opposite ends of dowels into body.
9. Cut a 12" and 3"piece of yarn. Fold the 12" piece back and forth three times.
Wrap 3" piece around one end and tie. Trim ends. Glue to duck back for
tail. Tie on bow and add flower.
Bernice was excited to be part of the contest, she practiced her talent, not sure pond diving is going to do it for her and the swimsuit portion well you have seen her figure. However she is cute, sassy and confident, what more can a duck be!
Thank you to Prime Publishing for the opportunity and to all the wonderful manufacturers who provided great product.
Thank you for stopping by! I truly appreciate it! Thank you too for those who voted for Miss Bernice! Now on to Easter crafting!