1st Monday of the month we hop with the Designer Crafts Connection (DCC). This month's theme Gratitude, thank you cards and gifts. As felt is my favourite material to work with, I designed a felt envelope to hold a thank you note or card. I wanted a playful, whimsical feel to the project with bright colours and a simple embroidery. The reversed "y" was unplanned but I actually like how it looks, simple sincerity straight from the heart.
You will need:
9" x 12" craftcuts of Kunin Classicfelt TM, 1 White, 1 Red
Sizzix Fabi Flower Layers and Leaves Die
Sizzix Big Shot
Teal Craft Thread
Hook and Loop Circle fastener
Aleene's Fast Grab Fabric Fusion
Scissors, pencil, ruler, pins, embroidery needle
1. Cut a piece of white felt 7" by 12". Diecut both red and white flowers and leaves.
2. Refer to photos and layer flowers, buttons. Stitch buttons to centers and use a straight stitch to outline petals.
3. Fold felt envelope 5" from bottom. Finger press. Use pencil to draw "thank you" on front of envelope. Straight stitch.
4. Add buttons to front and back. Fold envelope and blanket stitch sides. Straight stitch around top flap.
5. Glue on flowers Glue top flower to back. Add hook and loop circle to close.
6. Write a card to someone special to slip inside and deliver!
Enjoy other great projects from our talented designers! Our button is in the sidebar.
Thanks for stopping by! Keep creating!