I love Eileen Hull's new die collection with Sizzix, Heartfelt. Her journal die is so versatile and works well with many mediums. Felt is my favorite material to work with.The journal die is a perfect size to hold a little stuffie or doll and wardrobe. Using felt and embellishments a wee kitty dances in a flower garden on the front cover. Open the journal and discover a sweet surprise of a tiny wardrobe inside.
I have loved the sweet felt dolls of Gingermelon and was delighted to see a pattern available through Mollie Makes. I wanted create a wee kitty as my grandlittle girls like kitties very much! I paired this up with Eileen's flower and leaf dies and Kunin Felt new spring colors.
You will need:
Sizzix® ScoreBoards XL Die – Journal by Eileen Hull™
Sizzix® ScoreBoards XL Die – Leaves, Spring by Eileen Hull™
Sizzix® ScoreBoards XL Die – Flower Layers, #9 by Eileen Hull™
9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™: 3 Ocean Blue, 2 Lemon Frost, 2 Peach Chiffon, 1 Pink, 1 Olive, 1 White
1 yard Ivory ribbon
2-5mm Black half eye beads
4 oz. Polyester fiberfill
Craft floss skeins, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 black
Assorted buttons, yellow, blue
Hook and loop circles, 6 sets
Fabri-tac® by Beacon
Sizzix Big Shot, cutting pads, scissors, ruler, pins.
- Stuffie options. Choose a printable stuffie and clothing pattern from online. Print pattern and make according to instructions, make your own pattern or use a premade 6” stuffie or doll.
- Die cut leaves from olive felt, die cut flowers from lemon and peach felt.
- From blue felt cut four pieces 2” by 6” for looped flowers. Fold in half lengthwise. Cut slits in length of piece from fold to ¼” from outside edge of strip. Begin rolling strip to the end, glue. Repeat for remaining flowers.
- Fold a blue piece of felt in half to create 9” by 6” piece. Blanket stitch around three sides with yellow craft floss leaving 9” side open. Repeat for second piece of blue.
- Insert mat board journal covers into each blue pocket. Place pocket covers together. Stitch through binding holes to join cover pieces. Blanket stitch along center of joined covers.
- Arrange flowers, leaves and other elements on cover. Place stuffie in position. Adhere pieces down. Adhere hook and loop dots to back of stuffie and journal cover.
- Lay journal open flat and arrange inside elements. Make simple clothes with rectangles of felt gathered across one end. Add embellishments. Adhere a hook and loop closure in place on back of each clothing piece. Adhere matching closure to journal.
- Cut ribbon in half. Adhere one end of each ribbon piece to outside of the front and back covers. Adhere buttons on top of ribbon.
I so enjoyed making this journal and kitty, visit Eileen's blog for more journal instructions and to see the beautiful and very creative journals being made by talented designers and artists.
Thank you for stopping by, so much appreciated!